Block Chain Renewable Energy Technology overcomes the drawbacks of traditional open sun drying such as;
- Contamination from dust,
- Insects, birds and animals,
- Lack of control over drying conditions,
- Possibility of chemical, enzymatic, and microbial spoilage due to long drying times.
Block Renewable Energy drying technology is advantageous over normal convective dryers like hot air dryer, which requires enormous fuel and energy cost. Due to abundant availability of solar radiation attention has been gradually diverting to utilize this renewable energy for a number of applications. Among these dehydration of food & non-food items is an important sector.
This solar drying enables;
1. Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
2. Yields export worthy processed foods.
3. Long shelf life due to lower moisture content
4. Meeting the sanitary & phytol sanitary standards of the importing countries.
This novel technology is a very viable & valuable one.